Terry Peak ski resort offers skiing lessons for four and five year olds – an age group we call our “Sno Puppies.”
Half Day Sno Puppies - (Ski Only) $58 Includes one (1) - two (2) hour group lesson session, either at 10:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m., ski rental equipment, helmet, and lift ticket.
Full Day Sno Puppies - (Ski Only) $82 Includes two (2) - two (2) hour group lesson sessions, at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., ski rental equipment, helmet, lift ticket, and lunch.
All inclusive (rentals-tickets-lesson) packages are available at the Ski School only. For your convenience you can purchase all lesson packages plus Ala cart tickets & rentals for your entire group at the Ski School. For more information complete our contact us
form or call 605.584.2165 or 605.342.7609
Sno Puppies may be reserved with the exception of these holiday times; ( Dec. 18, 2015 - Jan. 3, 2016, Jan. 15-18, Feb. 12-15, 2016). To make reservations call Ski School Director, Beaner Thacker at 605-584-2165.
- Sno Puppies area for skiers only.
- On the day of arrival, you must check in with Ski School at least one (1) hour prior to guarantee lesson. * If it is a holiday time, we suggest you register 2 hours in advance of your desired lesson time.
- Helmets are complimentary for duration of the day. Visit Lids On Kids.
- Package includes ski lesson, equipment and lift ticket.
- All Sno Puppies must be completely potty trained.
- All lessons & registration begins at Puppy Building/Stewart Lodge Base Area.
- Please be prompt with child pick-up. Parents 15 minutes late or more will be assessed a $10/hour “babysitting charge”.
- Please arrive at least one hour before your lesson time as equipment fitting, registration, potty breaks, upset kids, etc., can take a bit of time.
- Visiting us on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday? See our special below.
- Children age 2-3 aren’t old enough to join this program, but we will gladly teach them in a private ski lesson. However they need to be potty trained.
- Make sure your child is dressed properly (an extra set of clothes is recommended).
- Be sure your child is well nourished and hydrated before the lesson.
- The So Puppies program is for 4 & 5 year olds ONLY - prepare older & younger siblings that they may not be together during the lesson to eliminate problems at the area.
- Teach yourself and your children how to load and unload the lifts safely prior to your visit. Go to www.kidsonlifts.org
Full and Half-day Sessions available Friday – Sunday (every day during Christmas Break)
8:00 – 9:30: Registration for AM and Full Day Lessons
9:30 – 9:50: Check in for AM and Full Day Lessons
10:00 – 12:00: AM Session
12:00 – 12:10: Parent pick up AM-only Students @ check in area or where you drooped them off
12:00 – 1:00: Lunch for Full Day Students
11:00 – 12:30: Registration for PM Lessons
12:30 – 12:50: Check in for PM Lessons
1:00 – 3:00: PM Session
3:00 – 3:10: Parents Pick Up Full Day and PM-only Students @ check in area
* Ask about the Strider Riders available to the Sno Puppies and their families!
Monday – Wednesday Special: 1-hour Private Ski Lesson, includes Ticket, and Ski Rental Equipment, and is based on availablity at 12pm and 3pm for only $62! Please call ahead and check availability. (excludes snowboard lessons)
REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS FOR YOUR CHILD
Able to stop with some assistance in the snow carpet area.
Able to stop and control speed on the easiest terrain. Link turns and stop with control on most GREEN runs.
Link turns and stop with control on most GREEN runs.
Link wedge turns on the easiest terrain.
Able to stop and turn on most GREEN runs.